AIRBNB VEGAN COOKIES
Sheila and I are having a great time in Portland, Oregon. We were joking about having cookies the other night, but I wanted to surprise her by making some while she was in class. I think these came out pretty well; if your Airbnb has an oven, chances are that you can make cookies like these!
I used a banana as the binding agent … I know some people (like my little sister!) don’t like bananas. If that’s the case, you’re better off using a flax or chia “egg” — made by combining a tablespoon of flax or chia and a tablespoon of water together, then waiting five minutes before using that in the recipe.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 vegan chocolate baking bar
- 2 tablespoons oil (I used olive)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Between 3/4 cup and 1 1/4 cups water / vegan milk
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Mix together dry ingredients with banana
- Add in the first 3/4 cup water / non-dairy milk, the honey, and the oil. Mix in and add more water if necessary, but use it sparingly. The dough should get thick and clumpy. It should also be fairly sticky.
- Oil down a baking sheet or use a non-stick layer to cover one
- Using a spoon, scoop out sections of dough and roll into balls on the baking sheet. The dough should be fairly sticky, but don’t worry — the finished product is still delicious!
- Put in the oven and bake for 15 minutes
Rate our recipe!
Thanks for reading our recipe and we really hope you enjoyed it! We're always happy to get feedback on the quality our recipes provided - if you liked it, make sure you click on the fifth ⭐ to give this recipe a top-notch rating.