PUMPKIN POWER SMOOTHIE
Some like to enjoy a “pumpkin season” for spicy lattes, pies, and beers. I like to incorporate it year round and get crafty with my pumpkin recipes. Other than its flavor, pumpkin gives us a lot to talk about when it comes to health benefits:
- Pumpkin is rich in Vitamin A, C, and E
- It’s high in fiber but low in calories
- Pumpkin offers iron, folate, and lots of antioxidents
- It is PUMPED full of potassium!
It’s obvious that by eating pumpkin you can become a superhero.
There are a plethora of pumpkin recipes to test out, but today we’re talking about the Pumpkin Power Smoothie. This is perfect if you are looking for something simple to sip that will pack a punch in terms of vitamins, healthy fats, and protein!
- 2/3 cup pumpkin
- 1 cup of your fave non-dairy milk (I love hemp milk because it’s nutty and I make my own!)
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp maca powder
- 1/4 cup walnuts (or 1 Tbsp of your fave nut butter)
- 1/4 cup oats (gives the smoothie body and keeps you full!)
- 1/2 cup of ice
- 2 tsp cinnamon / pumpkin spice
- Option to add a scoop of protein powder for a little extra power
- Toss everything in the blender and let it all mix up together and turn a rich, orange color.
- Pour into a large glass/to go container and sprinkle a little extra cinnamon / pumpkin spice on the top if you’re feeling fancy.
- It’s a good idea to double this recipe to share with a friend who needs a little pumpkin power in their life too!
Rate our recipe!
Thanks for reading our recipe and we really hope you enjoyed it! We're always happy to get feedback on the quality our recipes provided - if you liked it, make sure you click on the fifth ⭐ to give this recipe a top-notch rating.