PUMPKIN SPICE OVERNIGHT OATS
It’s getting harder to find products that have only a few ingredients. The last time I looked at the back of a protein powder’s ingredient list, it was filled with unrecognizable compounds. In theory I don’t have anything wrong with preservatives, but it’s disheartening to be unable to recognize the vast majority of substances in a “food”. Then we have Naked Nutrition, a brand that I admire for their commitment to the bare minimum when it comes to additives.
This dovetails nicely into the changing of seasons; with Summer on its way out, and Autumn beginning, there are still transitional days of heat that fade into chilly nights. Still, I’m not quite ready to start making hot cereal in the morning. Naked Nutrition’s Pumpkin Spice Protein “shake” - and a few ingredients of our own - represents the perfect blend between the Fall flavors I’m craving and the residual heat. I hope that you’ll enjoy these change-of-seasons oats as much as I have been!
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 tbsp cinnamon (Naked Nutrition includes some spice, but I like a little more!)
- 1/4 cup blueberries, strawberries, raspberries or blackberries - whatever’s still available fresh!
- 2 tbsp of cacao nibs (I’m a sucker for the rich, bitter flavor they add)
- 2 scoops of protein powder from Naked Nutrition’s Pumpkin Spice protein mix
- (optional) - fresh ground nutmeg
- (optional) - homemade granola
- Soak the oats overnight in water or nut milk. It usually takes a 1:1 ratio between water and oats. Note - I use a full cup of oats, but you can halve the recipe if that’s too much - or have some for the next day!
- The next morning, add in the rest of the ingredients. Sheila likes to add her protein powder the night before, so you can do that too, but in general you want the crunchier ingredients (like homemade granola!) and fresh fruit to be added in right before eating.
Rate our recipe!
Thanks for reading our recipe and we really hope you enjoyed it! We're always happy to get feedback on the quality our recipes provided - if you liked it, make sure you click on the fifth ⭐ to give this recipe a top-notch rating.