SAVORY BUCKWHEAT PANCAKES
Prep time: 10 minutes
Baking time: 6 minutes
# of Ratings: 1
Buckwheat dumplings are traditional in Slovenia, and pancakes are traditional for us! The flowery taste of buckwheat is appropriate - it’s not a true grain, but a flower.
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 cups of 50/50 mix of buckwheat flour and starch (arrowroot, tapioca, or corn)
- Raw arugula / rocket
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- Black pepper and salt to taste
- Optional: leavening agent like baking powder
- 1 to 2 cups of water
- The arugula will need to be ground up - if you have a food processor, great: otherwise, a blender can also be used. Either way, you’re going to need a little water in there to get the mix going.
- Mix the arugula blend in a bowl with the other ingredients. Add water until the consistency is still thick but without any floury lumps.
- Heat up a skillet or griddle over medium heat and oil it lightly. Ladle out the mix into little pancakes!
- Flip the pancakes once tiny bubbles start to show on the upper surface: ~ 2 - 3 minutes.
- The pancakes are ready 3 minutes after having been flipped - remove from heat, garnish with any leftover arugula leaves, and serve.
Rate our recipe!
Thanks for reading our recipe and we really hope you enjoyed it! We're always happy to get feedback on the quality our recipes provided - if you liked it, make sure you click on the fifth ⭐ to give this recipe a top-notch rating.