TURMERIC TEA ELIXIR
Though turmeric can be a bit of an “acquired taste,” if you have the gumption to get over the hump, you’ll find yourself craving it daily! This anti-inflammatory, earthy elixir is perfect to send you off you bed or (with a touch of lemon) send you into the day!
I’ll explain here the way that I prefer to prepare my turmeric tea elixirs. I should note that, while I like to make them to order, those of you that want to simplify things can actually make this process even quicker— Prepare a batch of base spices and storing a mason jar of ready-to-go ingredients in the cabinet, then all you’ll need to do is combine with hot water and stir it up! Also, while I combine the water and spices in the mug itself, there are two other methods that you may like to try: Preparing the elixir over the stove by heating the water up and stirring in the ingredients, then transferring to mug/mugs; Combining hot water and ingredients in a blender, then transferring to mug/mugs.
- 2 tsp Turmeric
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 8-10 oz water
- dash of cardamom, maca to make it extra warm & earthy
- dash of cayenne pepper, cacao powder for a mexican-chocolate take
- lemon for a “brighter” taste
- swap out the black pepper for 1 tsp coconut oil
- nut milk can be added to any turmeric elixir if you’re feelin’ a fancy latte
- Heat your water in a kettle and prepare your spices as it warms
- Combine spices of choice into a mug. If you’re sharing with friends, simply multiply accordingly. I like to line up all of the mugs and add the ingredients one by one across the line (like a bartender)!
- Use a spoon to mix the ingredients up at the bottom of the mug
- Once the water is hot (not boiling) pour water over the top and give it another stir
- If you are going latte-style, add at the end
- Sip slowly and savor the goodness
Rate our recipe!
Thanks for reading our recipe and we really hope you enjoyed it! We're always happy to get feedback on the quality our recipes provided - if you liked it, make sure you click on the fifth ⭐ to give this recipe a top-notch rating.